Why is the Senzing App download a little over 1GB in size?
In order to perform highly accurate Entity Resolution, the application installer comes with a number of libraries that contribute to the weight of the download file and deployment size.
Do I need a database or other components to support Senzing?
You don't, the installation package will install everything it needs to function.
Does Senzing have an auto-updating option?
Yes, you will be prompted during the initial startup if you'd like to enable auto-update checking. The app also contains the ability to manually check for updates.
Instructions for manually checking for updates
- Open the application
- Go to the cog icon
- Select Check for Updates...
NOTE: The application will automatically check for an update and ask to begin the update if one is available
What if my version of Senzing doesn't have auto updates or check for updates?
Upgrade instructions for versions earlier that 1.1.18199:
- Navigate to www.senzing.com
- Select FREE DOWNLOAD
- Choose the correct App for your operating system
- Allow the application to install
- All your projects will appear in the updated install but may need to be reprocessed
- Any licenses you purchased will be reflected
Can I install a new Senzing App release over the top of an existing install?
Yes, there is no need to uninstall a previous version.
After uninstalling why does Senzing leave directories and files on my system?
This occurs because we maintain the projects, previous data mappings, and configuration from your interactions. In the event an uninstall was accidental, installation becomes corrupted, support requested you uninstall or similar you will not lose prior data loading and efforts completed with the Senzing App.
How do I completely uninstall on Windows?
- Run normal Windows uninstall for Senzing App
- Manually remove the following directories:
- C:\Program Files\Senzing
- Library/Application\ Support/com.senzing.workbench
How do I completely uninstall on macOS?
- Move the Senzing App to the Trash
- Manually remove the following directory:
- ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.senzing.workbench
Where is Senzing installed?
Senzing is installed locally to your workstation and is accessible to all users.