Windows 7/10 (64-bit)
Generate an installation log
Use the following command syntax to generate an installation log. If applicable, edit the Senzing App .msi file and log file name:
msiexec /i "C:\Downloads\Senzing_1.10.19302.msi" /L*V "C:\logs\senzingapp_install.log"
"... A program required for this install to complete could not be run"
If you encounter an error during install stating "A program required for this install to complete could not be run.", the most common issue is that Windows PowerShell is either not installed, or not in your Windows system path.
Check if Windows powershell is enabled/installed
- Type 'Powershell' in the Windows search bar.
- Click 'Windows PowerShell' from the search menu results. If a Windows PowerShell command line starts, it is installed.
Check for and add Windows PowerShell to the Windows System path
- Type 'system path' in the Windows search bar.
- Click 'Edit the system environment variables' from the search menu results.
- Click 'Environment Variables...'.
- Under system variables, double click the path entry.
- Click 'New', and add an entry for 'C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0'. Replace the drive letter 'C' for the Windows partition drive letter. In rare instances, edit the 'C:\Windows\System32' path if Windows is installed elsewhere.